Spelling: 240 of the Most Common English Words // List 1
DIY Spelling includes a series of 60 unique online video lessons designed to help your child learn ending sounds and 240 of the most commonly used words in the English language.
This series is an extremely valuable foundation for students beginning (or struggling with) their journey in Reading and Writing, or students learning to spell through reading.
Each lesson contains the following elements:
1. A letter combination sound (e.g. “-ight”)
2. A list of 10 words with the highlighted sound shown and read on screen. Each word is then read to them in a sentence to demonstrate meaning.
3. A list of 3-5 words (not ending in the highlighted sound) that are part of the 500 most commonly used words.
4. A printable “Practice Sheet” for students to practice writing and saying the word.
5. These practice sheets involve “Word Scramble” and “Matching” activities